Monday, January 4, 2010

Various Books to add

Well, it appears that I got a little behind on my little reading project, thanks to both the holidays and Catch-22 (see below). I do have several books to add to my list that I finished over the long weekends from work for the past two weeks. In the next few days, you can expect to see reviews of Peril at End House by Agatha Christie, Julie & Julia by Julie Powell and Dexter in the Dark by Jeff Lindsay. Additionally, I seem to be breezing through 1984 by George Orwell, so hopefully the whole book will go as quickly as the first part has.

Also on my list: Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, My Life in France by Julia Child with Alex Prud'homme, Liberty and Tyranny by Mark Levin and a Star Wars book lent to me by my father in law.

In spite of my minor setback, I am optimistic that I will still be able to read 100 books by October, but I will have to get back in the saddle, and quick! My fingers are crossed, and my schedule is cleared!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! The same thing happened to me when I read An American Tragedy -- not only did it take me forever to read, but organizing my thoughts and reactions was not easy. I'm sure you'll catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I'm looking forward to hearing what you thought about Julie and Julia!

    ReplyDelete